Like I told you all in my last post, I have been getting ready for the Japantown show which is this coming Saturday, June 20th. So I set today aside to work on making Melinda Mae bags all day. I’m not sure what was wrong today, but my sewing machine decided to give me problems all day today. First, the stitches were not coming out right, so I studied my manual and was pretty confident that I fixed it. Then, as I changed the thread in my bobbin, the cover fell on the floor. When I picked it up, I noticed that a few of the plastic pieces broke off when it hit the floor. So I busted out the glue and thought that was fixed. As I sewed more pieces, the stitches started to look messy again. So I studied my manual again for a couple hours and kept trying different things to fix it. Finally, I was so proud of myself because I thought I finally fixed my machine. Shame on me for being overly confident. =/ I was about 2 inches from finishing a bag, when the needle snapped and metal pieces all around the needle fell from my machine. All the metal pieces were broken and bent and I had no idea where any of it came from.
So…as I stared in disbelief at my machine, I realized that I am going to have to buy a new machine immediately…as in, NOW. So I am researching new machines now and hoping that it will not blow up on me like this one just did. I have had this one since 2002 so I guess it’s had a good run and has made over 200 Melinda Mae handbags. But my mom’s sewing machine is over 20 years old and runs more amazingly than my machine ever did. sigh….well wish me luck in getting a good one. =(